columnTextImage goes here, make sure levelTwoImage.css is attached in header
Due to biosecurity issues at the farm, the tours have been suspended until further notice. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. We appreciate your understanding.
Quick Facts about the University Farm
- Just off Interstate 55 near Lexington (just a 20-minute drive from campus).
- Take Interstate 55 to the Lexington exit (exit 178). Proceed towards the town
of Lexington (traveling east). At the stop sign, turn left. You will then be
traveling north on County Highway 23. Travel over the interstate and take the
next right. Follow this road to the new farm. (approximately 1/4 mile) The
Lexington farm site is approximately 15 minutes from Normal.
- Approximately 610 acres (250 at Gregory Street property; 360 at Lexington farm)
- Buildings and Miscellaneous 130 acres (both farms)
- Corn: 300 acres
- Alfalfa:10 acres
- Soybean: 175 acres
- Beef: Approximately 130 Simmental x Angus cows
- Swine: Approximately 200 Sows
- Sheep: Approximately 70 Dorsett and Suffolk Cross Ewes
- Approximately $500,000 annually
Other Points of Interest:
- Seed Variety Plots
- Swine Manure Treatment